In this article, we will reveal the secret Amangiri pancake recipe that will allow you to savor the taste of the desert in the comfort of your own home.
Table of Contents
Chef Anthony Marazita, the executive chef at Amangiri, has graciously shared his pancake recipe with the world, and it’s truly a gem. The pancakes are fluffy, golden brown, and have a slightly sweet and caramelized flavor. They’re the perfect way to start your day, or to enjoy a special breakfast with friends and family.
Another key to making Amangiri pancakes is to not overmix the batter. When you overmix the batter, you develop the gluten, which makes the pancakes tough. So be careful not to overmix, and your pancakes will be light and fluffy as a cloud.
Here is the recipe for Amangiri pancakes:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 tablespoons Coca-Cola
- Clarified butter, for cooking
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Place a small cast iron pan inside the oven. This will help to preheat the pan and ensure that your pancakes cook evenly.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, buttermilk, melted butter, and Coca-Cola.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Carefully remove the cast iron pan from the oven. Add a small amount of clarified butter to the pan to coat the bottom.
- Pour a ladleful of batter into the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve the pancakes immediately with your favorite toppings, such as maple syrup, fresh berries, or whipped cream.
- For the best results, use fresh buttermilk. If you don’t have buttermilk, you can make your own by adding 1 tablespoon of lemon juice or vinegar to 1 cup of milk. Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes before using.
- Do not overmix the batter. Overmixing will develop the gluten and make the pancakes tough.
- Cook the pancakes in a hot pan. This will help them to cook evenly and prevent them from sticking to the pan.
- Serve the pancakes immediately. Pancakes are best enjoyed fresh off the griddle.
Creating Amangiri-inspired pancakes is a rewarding experience that allows you to bring a touch of luxury into your breakfast routine. These pancakes are not just a meal; they are a journey through flavors and textures. So, the next time you’re craving a taste of the desert, whip up a batch of these delicious pancakes.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Can I use whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour for a healthier option?
- While you can use whole wheat flour, it may result in denser pancakes. Mixing it with all-purpose flour is recommended for the best texture.
- Is it necessary to use buttermilk, or can I substitute it with regular milk?
- Buttermilk adds a unique tanginess and tenderness to the pancakes. If you don’t have buttermilk, you can make a substitute by adding a tablespoon of vinegar or lemon juice to regular milk.
- Can I freeze leftover pancakes?
- Yes, you can freeze pancakes for later consumption. Make sure they are completely cool, separate them with parchment paper, and store them in an airtight container or a zip-top bag.
- What other toppings can I use besides berries and pecans?
- Get creative! You can use sliced bananas, chocolate chips, shredded coconut, or even a scoop of ice cream.
- How can I make these pancakes gluten-free?
- To make gluten-free pancakes, substitute the all-purpose flour with a gluten-free flour blend. Ensure that all other ingredients are also gluten-free.