Aval Laddu is a delectable Indian sweet treat that holds a special place in the hearts of many. This Aval Laddu Recipe combines the goodness of flattened rice (Aval or Poha), jaggery, and ghee to create bite-sized spheres of heaven. With a touch of history and a pinch of motivation, you are about to embark on a journey to discover your culinary talents. So, let’s begin with this delightful recipe that’s perfect for 6 servings.
Table of Contents
Ingredients for Aval Laddu Recipe
|Flattened Rice (Aval/Poha)
|Cashews and Raisins
|A handful each
- Start by roasting the flattened rice (Aval) in a dry pan until it becomes crisp and golden. Set it aside to cool.
- In the same pan, roast the cashews and raisins in a tablespoon of ghee until they turn golden. Remove them and set them aside as well.
- In a large mixing bowl, break the jaggery into smaller pieces and add 1/4 cup of water. Let it sit for about 10 minutes until the jaggery dissolves.
- Strain the dissolved jaggery to remove any impurities and set the liquid aside.
- Heat the remaining ghee in the same pan and add the roasted flattened rice. Stir well to coat the Aval with ghee.
- Add the jaggery liquid and continue to stir. The mixture will start to thicken, and the Aval will absorb the jaggery syrup.
- Once the mixture comes together and leaves the sides of the pan, turn off the heat.
- Add cardamom powder and the roasted cashews and raisins. Mix well.
- Allow the mixture to cool slightly, so it’s easy to handle.
- Grease your hands with a little ghee and start shaping the mixture into laddus (round balls).
- Your Heavenly Aval Laddus are ready to be served and enjoyed!
Also Read more popular sweets recipes for Diwali 2023
Aval Laddu History and Motivation
Aval Laddu, also known as Poha Ladoo, originates from South India and is a popular sweet prepared during festivals and special occasions. Its roots can be traced back to traditional Indian kitchens where homemakers would create these sweet delights to share the warmth of their love.
This recipe is a testament to the simplicity and the rich flavors that Indian cuisine has to offer. As you embark on this culinary journey, remember that every chef, no matter how experienced, started somewhere. Your kitchen is your canvas, and this recipe is your masterpiece in the making. It’s an opportunity to embrace your inner chef, experiment, and create something wonderful.
Unleash your culinary creativity and discover the joy of cooking. With a handful of ingredients and a dash of motivation, you can craft these Heavenly Aval Laddus and experience the happiness that cooking brings.