In this article, we’ll take you through the step-by-step process of preparing Puttu Mushroom Recipe in English
Table of Contents
Puttu mushroom wikipedia
Puttu is a traditional South Indian dish made from steamed, fermented rice flour. It is typically served with a variety of curries and chutneys. Mushroom puttu is a variation of the dish that includes mushrooms in the filling.
The dish is believed to have originated in Kerala, India. It is made by combining rice flour, water, salt, and turmeric powder to form a dough. The dough is then fermented for several hours, which gives it a sour flavor. The fermented dough is then steamed in a puttu stand, which is a traditional South Indian cooking utensil.
The mushroom filling is made by sauteing mushrooms, onions, garlic, and ginger in oil. The spice mixture is then added to the mushroom mixture and cooked for a few minutes more. The filling is then stuffed into the steamed puttu dough.
Puttu mushroom is a popular BREAKFAST dish in Kerala. It is also often served as a snack or light meal. The dish is a good source of protein and fiber.
Ingredients for Puttu Mushroom Recipe
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 inch ginger, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup oi
- In a bowl, combine the rice flour, water, salt, and turmeric powder. Mix well to form a dough.
- In a separate pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the mushrooms, onion, garlic, and ginger and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the spice mixture to the mushroom mixture and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add the cilantro and mix well.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions. Roll each portion into a thin log.
- Fill each log with the mushroom mixture. Roll up the logs and cut them into 1-inch pieces.
- Steam the puttu pieces in a steamer for 15 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Serve hot with your favorite chutney or sambar.
- For a richer flavor, you can use coconut milk instead of water in the dough.
- If you don’t have a steamer, you can cook the puttu pieces in a pressure cooker for 3-4 whistles.
- You can add other vegetables to the mushroom mixture, such as carrots, peas, or bell peppers.
Puttu mushroom is a healthy and nutritious dish that offers a number of benefits.
Protein: Puttu is a good source of protein, which is essential for muscle growth and repair. Mushrooms are also a good source of protein, making puttu mushroom a complete protein.
Fiber: Puttu is a good source of fiber, which is important for digestive health. Mushrooms are also a good source of fiber, making puttu mushroom a filling and satisfying meal.
Vitamins and minerals: Puttu is a good source of vitamins and minerals, including iron, calcium, and potassium. Mushrooms are also a good source of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C, vitamin D, and selenium.
Antioxidants: Mushrooms are a good source of antioxidants, which can help protect the body from damage caused by free radicals.
Low in calories: Puttu mushroom is a low-calorie dish, making it a good choice for people who are trying to lose weight or maintain a healthy weight.
Here are some specific benefits of puttu mushroom:
- Can help you feel full and satisfied: Puttu and mushrooms are both high in fiber, which can help you feel full and satisfied after eating. This can help you eat less and control your weight.
- Can boost your immune system: Mushrooms are a good source of antioxidants, which can help protect your body from damage caused by free radicals. Free radicals are unstable molecules that can damage cells and lead to disease.
- Can help improve your heart health: Mushrooms are a good source of selenium, which is a mineral that helps protect your heart. Selenium can help reduce inflammation and improve cholesterol levels.
- Can help improve your bone health: Mushrooms are a good source of vitamin D, which is important for bone health. Vitamin D helps your body absorb calcium, which is essential for strong bones.
If you like this recipe please comment and also read other popular recipes
The Puttu Mushroom recipe combines the traditional South Indian Puttu with a delectable mushroom curry, creating a culinary masterpiece. The soft and fluffy puttu complements the flavorful mushroom curry perfectly, making it a must-try for food enthusiasts.